Many babies roll over in their 3rd or 4month. My darling son decided to wait for some more time, and rolled over on 24th July. He was over 5 months by then. I was a little worried for the delay, but then everyone said its nothing to worry about. Then comes the scary part, you cannot leave him on the bed alone. Someone should always be there with him. My Mil would do that for me and I would take care of the kitchen.
After my brave son rolled over, his next mission was to pull himself forward on his stomach and visit all the nooks and corners of the house. First he started slowly by covering the area of the bed. When we realized that he needed more place, we placed a big mat on the floor and let him free. Free he was.... free to go anywhere, and pick up the tiniest dust or dirt which we wont be able to find even with magnifying glasses. By now, he knew how to hold his rattles and toys tightly in his hand and play with it. It was real fun to watch him.
I started weaning for chinnu, starting with cerelac rice and wheat. Would give him vegetable soup also once in a while. That was the first food with salt he had. He seemed to like it. All the liquids were still given in his feeding bottle, while others I spoon fed him. He would reciprocate joyfully when Shibu calls out “Papade chakarakuttan aano?” and when I call him “Chinnu vaave”. ( Which meant “is that papa’s sweetheart? ” and “Chinnu baby” ). So cute na? He knew that we were calling him and talking to him. We took him to church for the first time on 5th Aug ( that is the first time he went after his baptism). He was not at all fussy or troublesome like other kids. He was happy listening to the songs and looking at lights and all. He behaved like a perfect gentleman ;)
Onam (news:http://www.onamfestival.org/what-is-onam.html ) was coming up on 27th Aug, and we planned of giving Chinnu his first solid food on that day. So that day we made some of the traditional onam delicacies. That is rice, parup curry , mor curry, thoran, mazhikupuratty, payasam, papadam etc. Shibu did the honors of giving the first bite to chinnu. He mixed little rice, parup curry, ghee, papadam and salt. Smashed it properly and gave a little to him. The reaction is seen clearly in the pic. In malayalam there is a saying “ Injee thinne kurenge ” which meant “monkey which ate ginger”. Well Chinnu looked like that :). But he started liking it after some time. He looked so sweet trying hard to swallow down the food.
It had me 2-3 months since we had been in chennai, and Chinnu had got fever thrice. So we were very worried. The doc said, that it was just normal viral fever, and there was nothing to worry about. But we had a very hard time seeing him like that. He was very dull and silent. Was not at all active, or eating anything. And my poor baby cried like anything, when we sponged him with cold water to bring down the temperature. Just thinking abt that makes my eyes wet. We were giving him amoxyline as advised by the doc. The fever came down, but he got rashes at his bottom as the side effect of amoxyline. He cried nonstop while passing stool. My baby really suffered a lot at that time. But with Gods grace, it didn’t get serious and the rash vanished off slowing. My baby was fit, fine and healthy again, ready to visit his favorite corners again.


4 comments:
Hi, lijy, I didnt realise you had started blogging. I just stumbled upon it today. Congrats and welcome.
You could think of changing the font and breaking a few paragraphs so that it will be easy on the eye.
phys refocus lengths ties hindi georgia particularly readme pathway lastly nostart
lolikneri havaqatsu
good day fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking for that particular model. The prices seeking the velcros were all over 340 dollars everwhere. But for all I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you say about it?
good day friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices for the velcros are about 310 dollars on every page. But completely I bring about this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you say about it?
Post a Comment