Let me start with my baby’s birth day. It was at 8.48 am on 19th of Feb 2007, that I heard my baby cry for the first time. That was the sweetest sound I ever heard in my life. I could not stop my tears of joy. I have never been so happy in my life before. I was waiting for the first glimpse of the ‘sweet little thing’ I gave birth to. I thought that the baby would be shown to me immediately. But the doctors thought it was wise for the mother to bear some more pain. i don't remember now how much i cursed them. Then i saw the back of his head. He had nice black hair, just like my husband wanted. Its not that i didn't want my baby to have nice hair, its just that i thought that all babies are born bald. I am happy that my concept was wrong. So, here i was waiting to hold my baby in my arms, and they took the baby to the room. After some minutes (which seemed like hours to me ) they took me to the room. There I saw my baby for the first time. he was wrapped up in a soft white cloth and was sleeping soundly in a cradle. he looked like an angel sleeping on a bed of clouds. i touched him, his skin was smooth like a velvet cloth. it felt like touching a cotton ball. it was such a beautiful moment. Just 2.8 kgs, he was small and tiny. i was scared to hold him in my hands. he was so delicate, that the skin where i touched him turned red. all i did that day was to look at him and blush with happiness. after i stopped crying, i could not stop smiling. I can never stop thanking God for this wonderful gift he gave me. the only thing i missed that day was my husband 'S'. since i was at my mom's place for delivery and he was supposed to come on the due day. but my son decided to surprise us by coming 15 days earlier. luckily 'S' was able to reach on the 3rd day. i could not express in words the happiness i saw on his face. he held the baby close to him, and thanked God. we are a family now, a complete family.
And later that day we went home with our son. we were proud parents of a beautiful little son.


1 comment:
hey there, thanks for your comment on my blog - good to see you! just read through your posts - lovely! the first one really made me laugh. and the second one made me feel broody again!
Post a Comment