Only 5 more days left for Jason's birthday. Yipeee.... I am so so excited.
But Jason has already got to hear his B’day song. Last week at a prayer meeting, everyone sang for him. I think he recognizes the song as i have been singing it to him from past 4-5 months.
Some more random updates :
- At last we have achieved the mission of teaching Jason to do tata. He sure returns a tata when we ask him. But the best part is, his tata looks like, as if he is trying to fix a bulb into the socket. Those five fingers moving clockwise then anti-clockwise, that’s his tata. Its such a joy watching him do so.
- In Malayalam, we say ba when we ask someone to come to us. And that’s the word we use to call Jason to us. He has also learnt to say that, not exactly but very close... bababa.. And once in the blue moon, the bababa is also accompanied by hand gestures like ‘opening and closing of his fist’. He does this mostly when he is with other kids.
- Sometimes he calls me Ma ( well... that’s what I like to think). But he also calls out Ma Ma Ma... to my Mil and I think to the maid also. So in short, anyone who looks like a female is Ma to him :(
- It so happens that the most attracting thing for my son is the shoe rack. And as soon as the coast is clear, the superfast crawling machine called Jason would be besides the rack, trying to decide on which shoe to chew. Then the next noise is my “No Jason... NO NO NOOOO”, with my index figure pointed at him. The first set of Nos will not be heard. Then its me again, shouting another couple of Nos. This time, my son looks at me, norrows his eyes, and screams on top of his voice, come crawling to me at top speed, takes my finger and puts it in his mouth. After all this hard work by him, its impossible for me to stay angry. So I pick him up, cuddle him, play with him a couple of minutes and put him down at the other end of the hall ( far from the shoe rack). I don’t know if all the act he put up meant ‘I am sorry mama’ or ‘ shut up, or I will chew you’ or it can also be ‘I fooled you, and as soon as u go to the kitchen I will back chewing your sandal’.


No comments:
Post a Comment