The easiest way for me to feed Chikku is to put him in the walker, and place him on the sand. In Kerala, most houses have sand with tiny stones, in the front courtyard. He loves to play in the sand with his feet. We thought it was ok, because after going back to chennai, he wont find any sand there. In our compound, we have a cemented driveway with dirty mud around it. And even the doctors say, that we should walk on the sand without sandals for sometime, to feel closer to Mother earth. But my actual reason is to feed him quickly. So I would allow him to play for sometime. But that made his legs very dirty and dry. So we bought him his first pair of shoes. The moment we tried it on him, in the shop, he was so restless and irritated, he started pulling it off from his feet.
Once we got back home, I made him wear the shoes again. The chain of reactions on his sweet little face was amazing. It started with a surprise look ( huh !!!!), which changed into a confused look ( excuse me.... what is this giant thing on my legs???), to a angry look ( Grrrrrr !$^&*@&!!!!!!!), then to an irritated one ( take this damn thing off...). And after that, no more looks, some angry and determined moves. One push here, another push there, and tada... the shoes come off, and we have a happy Chikku again. Clap clap clap...
thats Jason giving " the look"
" aahh... what is this? where does this go? "
Next moment, the shoes are taken to the place they should be. My son's mouth. Now Chikku is happy, because he got another toy to chew on.
I tried once again when he was in the lawn. Me the ‘intelligent mom’ thought he wont mind the shoes as he would be busy playing in the sand. But err, I was wrong ( if my hubby was here, he would add “as usual”). First he struggled a lot, so that I don’t make him wear them. But somehow I did, and the very next moment he pushed them off. Clap, clap clap...
So , I think the shoes will go into the cupboard for a couple of weeks, and will try again. Hope I will be the winner then.


1 comment:
I feel the same way about shoes. Except I don't chew on them anymore! Can't wait to get them off. It is very beneficial to walk on the sand and grass at his age, just make sure he doesn't walk in an area that has anything that could cut or hurt his feet.
Post a Comment