Its such a lovely feeling to wake up every morning in your own house (at last!!!!)Its been a difficult journey, but the result is sweet, really sweet.
We have been hunting for a house from the last 3 years. We had even booked a flat in b’lore but had to cancel it because we shifted to Chennai. Here too we went to see some flats and plots. But did not work out, as most of them wont fit in our budget and the rest were not in the city itself. So we had left it to God. Then one fine day we came to know about this flat, and everything fell into places and we bought the house. We renovated the kitchen and one of the bathrooms, did some woodwork, painting etc and planned for the house warming function to be held on the 4th of sept.
The function was nice. My parents came down. My Sister-in-laws could not make it as their kids had exams. The only problem was that we had planned to shift to the new house within a couple of days. But the work was incomplete. The painting, polishing , carpentry work was still remaining. The contractor promised the painting and polishing will be done in two days and then we could shift, and the rest of the work will continue with us staying there. We agreed. Next day he says he needs more time. We agreed to shift by 14th. We could not wait any longer, as the new tenants were coming to occupy the (rented ) house. We had to vacate the house.
So we packed and left, but after reaching here, we realized that there was no way we could stay in our new house. The work was not completed. So we had to dump all our stuff into one of the bedrooms and stay in the neighbor, Koshy Uncle’s house. God Bless Them. I have no idea what we would have done without them. We slept, bathed, ate... everything in their house. And waited for the work to be completed. After three days, the other two bedrooms were fixed and we shifted our stuff there. But we could not do any cooking in the kitchen, so had to have food at Koshy Uncles house. As of now, 90% of work is finished, and we have almost settled down.
There are all good families around us. And I am loving my life here. Even Jason has made friends. There is Jaania and her brother Jeffin, and Alvin and brother Eric. But his best friend is Koshy Uncle himself. He keeps scolding Jason for sucking his fingers. So what my naughty son does now is, as soon he sees uncle, he will put his fingers in his mouth and smile teasingly. Its fun to watch them fight with each other. His other friend is Koshy Uncle’s son, Sinu. Jason likes to go to his room and listen to songs and play with his computer.
So all in all, with God’s grace life is quite good. Only the once in a while, money issues which will also eventually get solved.
**********************************************
About the award which I received from ladybird, I am suppose to pass it over to 7 bloggers.
Now lets see... everyone is really good. And most of you guys have already got this award.
So.. I would pass on the Brillante weblog award to, some of the blogs I really like to read.
K3, Jonny's Mommy, Mama-Mia, Mira's Mom, Monica, Romila and Jen.
Congrats guys.. :)


9 comments:
I'm so glad to see you back and in your new home!
Yeah!
Thanks for the award and ohmygosh!
Jason is getting soooooo big!
What a cutie!
Of course I remember you, and thank you so much for the award! I am happy to read that you found a home you love and sorry that things were rough for a while, with Jason being sick, etc. He is so much bigger! He has such big, gorgeous eyes. I hope you will comment more - I like to know who is reading.
Take care.
Congratulations. Now I certainly hope you shall be visiting the blog world more, and posting more pics... maybe new pics of the house that you love!
hey Congrats! and your uncle Koshy sounds like a gem. You definitely have good neighbours around.
Thanks for the award too. Jason is looking cute as usual.
OMG!!! Thank you so much for such a great award.
Jason has grown up so much since his last pics ... cant believe! Such an adorable little fella. Happy that you are settling into your new home. Here's to many new memories at your new place!
Hugs!
Thanks guys...thanks a lot for all your wel-wishes.
And yes it is wonderfull to live in your own house.
All I do now is thank God for all this.
I saw this cute boy's photo on ur profile shot and decided to see more:) Its really wonderful to have ur own place:)
hi renu... welcome.
Thanks for visiting. hope to see you again.
Welcome home! Moving is always rough, isn't it?
Post a Comment