Monday, July 14, 2008

How Safe Is Our Children?

Yesterday at Tammil-Tammil ( a Malayalam talk show), the topic was about the number of sex-racket being unearthed in Kerala.

The recent one about this 14-year old girl. Her mother's first cousin and husband would take her to their house every weed ends to stay with them. It was family, so no one had anything to worry about. They visited each others house often and were in good terms. But no one knew that this Aunt and her husband were forcing this girl to have sex with other men. And no one at her house knew about this. Well one day when her Mom took her to the hospital as she had Jaundice, they tested her HIV Positive. Shocked? I was. That is when the parents knew something was wrong. When asked, she told out the whole story, about how her aunt and uncle forced her into prostitution. The police arrested the couple.

Wish that was the end? A week later the girl dies.

I had goosebumps when I heard it.

Another one in kerala. A man is waiting to be hanged to death. His crime? Raping and killing a 4 month old baby girl, 2 year old girl and a 6 year old girl. What is the f***ing pleasure he got by doing so?

How can people be like this? What do you do with these people? I am so angry at present that if I get hold of them, I would cut them in pieces and feed them to dogs.

Its mostly some one in the family who do stuff like this. And the victims are not just girls, boys are also not safe now.

How can we be sure that our children is safe? What should we do? We cant be following our children like a shadow every minute.There are so many people they are going to meet in their life. We cannot run a police check on all of them... right?

So what to do?

8 comments:

kammommy said...

really scary.....

Romila said...

This is something I worry abt many at times. Our kids are really unsafe these days. I think parents should be careful about whom the child is with, educate the child once he/she starts talking fluently (that noone except mom, dad, and caretaker can touch them at certain places)and most importantly, parents should interact on a one-to-one basis with the child daily, listen carefully to what the child says, look out for any unusual behaviour in the child.

Shellie said...

It is very scary. even scarier, there is no way to make sure your child will always be safe. You can do your best to do reasonable things, like just being aware these things happen, and so being on your guard and trying to not put your children in situations that are more risky. The other good thing, the boy scouts have a good booklet to educate the children. It teaches them to tell a trusted adult if anyone does anything that makes them feel uncomfortable.

Mama - Mia said...

its indeed scary and horrible to say the least...

i guess we just have to teach our kids good touch and bad touch and make sure we protect them as much as we can, while making them aware of whats right and wrong.

abha

Anindita said...

Reality check! But super scary and very sad....

K 3 said...

It just sucks!!!! All I guess we can do is pray, hope, wish for a better world.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

It is. It is terrifying anymore.

The things people do to children. It makes one want to go out and take the law into their own hands.

And it makes me scared for my own son.

So scared. All we can do is pray for God to protect us and hold us in his arms......and to protect the children of the world

Aathira Nair said...

That's so disturbing. I had not come along this way for a while and decided to. Now I have some happy and sad thoughts.

At times I feel, people all over the world are the same, as compared to what parents say, Indians(/their state people) are different! What different! They are all crazy at some level.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

In India its....

Powered by Blogger.