That’s my son’s way of getting away with his stubbornness. Its been happening for a while now. If he gets angry, he bangs his forehead on the floor. If he is sitting on the sofa, then he will crawl to the edge and bang his head on the wooden hand- rest. If he is standing, then the wall or the door serves the purpose. And on what occasions does he get angry? When we forbid him from playing with the remote or the mobile. When I stop him from eating paper peices. In short, if I stop him from doing anything against his wish. And its not just a slight bang. He really hits hard on the floor and then start crying. When he does this, I don’t want to give in to his whim, nor do I want to console him, because I’ll be angry with him (at that moment). I really don’t want him to hurt himself like that and don’t want him to be so stubborn also. What am I suppose to do? Is this a common phase with other kids also? Will he continue to be like that later too? Or is it because he is alone here, with no kids around ? Hopefully this is just the temporary behavior. But its getting us all worried.
Meanwhile, hubby has to stay back in Mumbai for a extra week. So will be here till 16th. Then leave for kerala. Other than that almost everything is fine. Jason is trying to walk a lot now, though a little wobbly and unstable. And there are signs of a second tooth trying to pop out. That means more bites from him.
Here is something that really made my day:
I have been given the “Girl Power Blog” award by Jonny's Mommy of Boondock Ramblings.
Its my first award here, and I cant tell how happy I am. I am thrilled, flattered and honoured. Thank you very much.... And now I would like to do the honours and pass on the award to...
Shellie: I love reading her blog, she is too good.
ladybird: my blog-guru :)
romila: a very good blogger friend.
GO GIRL POWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


7 comments:
Oh, thank you! What an honor. I do think the head banging is normal, I had one who did it for a while and I have heard from many moms that some kids will hold their breath and pass out when they are mad. It's best not to make a big deal out of it, maybe just pick him up and put him in his crib for a few minutes without saying anything. After a while he will realize it's boring and doesn't get him what he wants. Good luck!
This is a very normal stage. My toddler is going through the same thing right now. He throws himself in the floor over the littlest things...including getting dressed. He doesn't slam his head against things, but he does fling things at his mommy and daddy, which is not fun at all. He also hits when he is annoyed...very fun stage.
Thank you. So i am joining the Awards group at last!
Don't worry, all kids present certain variations of quirky behaviour...mine throws tantrums -rolling on the floor, howling loudly, whevever she has to get dressed. Its a struggle to get her to wear anything.
And thank you so much for the award. yep! girl power, here we come:)
Wow.. its such a relief to know that its not just Jason who does this. And that this phase will also get oversoon.
Thank you everyone..:)
hi lijy
congrats for the award and also for being such a great mom.i m happy to see jason growing up so beautifully.dont worry about that tantrums that he is throwing. its very normal, we cannot forget that these little human beings we call our children are separate entities with growing intelligent minds which tells them to behave in a certain way so that their wishes are also attended to...the best is .....simply ignore. behave as if u r not there, not seen anything, too busy to notice this behaviour. he'll stop doing it. this whole thing is just for u. of course u'll have to see that he is not banging his head on something that hurts him...great going!!!!
Post a Comment